You hereby consent and shall be deemed to consent and have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by Tay Chambers and all persons involved in the provision of services by Tay Chambers by engaging or utilising Tay Chambers to provide legal services, assistance, consultations and enquiries or by interacting with Tay Chambers either at our office premises, events, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using Tay Chambers’ website: https://www.taychambers.com (“Website”) or by providing any Personal Data to an authorised officer of Tay Chambers.
In the event of any conflict between this English language version of this Notice and any subsequent translation into any other language, this English language version shall prevail. Tay Chambers shall have the rights to vary, amend, update or modify the terms and contents of this Notice at any time by uploading the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with Tay Chambers, use our legal services or engage Tay Chambers for assistance, consultations and/or enquiries following the variations, amendments, updates and modifications to the terms and contents of this Notice, it shall signify your acceptance of such variations, amendments, updates and modifications.
1. “Personal Data” means and shall mean information about you which you have provided to Tay Chambers, such as your name, nickname, billing address, correspondence address, delivery address, telephone or mobile number, gender, facsimile number, email address, National Registration Identity Card number, passport number, nationality, age, date of birth, images or avatars or photographs or audio or video recordings that you share with us, academic qualifications, academic certificates, past working experience and qualifications, certificates, documents, remarks, resume or video resume that you share with us, your previous salary, credit card details, debit card details, EPF and SOCSO number, personal interest and preferences, enquiries, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members, information about your network and the people and accounts you interacted with, government issued identification or other information required for our due diligence, know-your-customer (KYC), identity verification or fraud prevention purposes, usage and transaction data, location data, aggregate data on content the user engages with and any other information and documents associated with the provision of any information by you to Tay Chambers that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Tay Chambers from time to time. We may collect, use and process your Personal Data which you have provided to us through our Website or through any other means.
2. In addition to the Personal Data you provide or submit to Tay Chambers directly whether or not through the Website (i.e. during your communications with Tay Chambers and/or when you engage Tay Chambers for legal services or to request for legal services or to seek assistance, consultations or enquiries), Tay Chambers may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources of which Tay Chambers has or may have an involvement whether directly or indirectly in, including but not limited to, any appointments, events, seminars, talks or otherwise organised, participated, scheduled or sponsored by Tay Chambers and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
3. The provision of your Personal Data that we collect is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, Tay Chambers may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you with the legal services, assistance, consultations and enquiries required by you; or (iii) process your Personal Data for the purposes deemed fit by Tay Chambers including but not limited to potential internship, pupillage or employment with Tay Chambers.
4. You agree not to submit any information to us which is inaccurate or misleading, and you agree to inform us of any inaccuracies or changes to such information. You further agree to submit information to Tay Chambers which is accurate, updated, true and complete. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to require further documentation to verify the information provided by you. We generally do not require sensitive Personal Data about you for the provision of legal services, assistance, consultations and enquiries to you unless required by applicable laws. If you do not want sensitive Personal Data to be collected, please do not submit it. Sensitive personal data includes any Personal Data as to the political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any offence.
5. Tay Chambers may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the legal services, assistance, consultations or enquiries requested by you and for the business activities of Tay Chambers which shall include, without limitation:-
and you hereby agree and consent to Tay Chambers collecting, using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice. You hereby agree not to submit any information to Tay Chambers through the Website in the event you do not agree and consent to Tay Chambers and the Website processing your Personal Data for the abovementioned purposes.
6. Tay Chambers may also use and process your data for other purposes which shall include, without limitation:-
7. If you do not consent to Tay Chambers processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in paragraph 6, please notify Tay Chambers using the contact details stated in paragraph 13 below.
8. Tay Chambers will seek your consent before processing your Personal Data for purposes other than those set out in paragraphs 5 and 6 above.
9. As part of the Tay Chambers’ information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your Personal Data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes as described in paragraphs 5 and 6 above where such legal services, assistance, consultations or enquiries rendered by us may involve parties or authorities located outside of Malaysia.
10. Tay Chambers will also retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in paragraphs 5 and 6 above and for any other purposes as Tay Chambers deems fit.
11. Tay Chamber shall keep and process your Personal Data in a secure manner. Tay Chambers endeavour, where practicable, to implement appropriate measure, security safeguards and procedures in compliance with existing laws and regulations to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful use of your Personal Data as well as any accidental loss or destruction of, or damages to such information.
In the event Tay Chambers provides the Personal Data to any third parties, Tay Chambers will take reasonable step to ensure that these parties are contractually bound to protect your privacy, keep your Personal Data secure and process it in accordance with the applicable law.
12. Tay Chambers may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on Tay Chambers’ behalf, and consequently may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
13. Subject to any exceptions under the applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request: (i) for access to your Personal Data; (ii) for correction or rectification of your Personal Data; (iii) to limit the processing of your Personal Data; or (iv) to seek further information from Tay Chambers regarding the processing of your Personal Data by contacting:-
Name: Tay Hongyi
Address: No. 7-02, Jalan Molek 1/29, Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor
Email: [email protected]
Telephone No.: +60197388420
14. You must state specifically the Personal Data that you wish to access or correct. We may exercise our discretion in allowing the access and corrections requested and may take steps to verify your identity including requiring further documentary evidence and details about your request to avoid fraud and inaccuracy, before we are able to respond to your request. Tay Chambers has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
15. You consent to the collections, use, disclosure and processing of the Personal Data by Tay Chambers as described hereinabove. Unless and until you inform Tay Chambers to the contrary of your consent, it shall be deemed that you have fully provided your consent to Tay Chambers to collect, use and process your Personal Data. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data as described in this Notice, please do not use our services or access our platform or fill up any information or Personal Data of yours. We reserve the right to vary, modify, update and amend this Notice at any time. To the fullest extent permissible under the prevailing and applicable law, your continued engagement of Tay Chambers and the use of the Website, including supplying of any information or Personal Data, shall constitute your irrevocable acknowledgement and acceptance of the changes made to this Notice.